1. Beauchamp TL, Childress JF. Principles of biomedical ethics. New York: Oxford University Press; 2013.
2. Blackmer, Jeff. Ethical issues in rehabilitation medicine. Scandinavian journal of rehabilitation medicine. 2000; 32. 51-5.
3. Purtilo R.B. "Saying “No” to Patients for Cost-Related Reasons." Physical Therapy. 1988; 68(8): 1243-1247.
4. Shojaei A, Ghofrani M. Professional Ethics in Physiotherapy: Existing Challenges and Flaws. Journal of Modern Rehabilitation. 2018; 12(1):39-44
5. World Confederation for Physical Therapy. Ethical Principles [Internet]. 2017 [Updated 2017 April 13]. Available from: www.wcpt.org/ethical -principles
6. World Confederation for Physical Therapy. Policy statement: Ethical responsibilities of physical therapists and WCPT members [Internet]. 2017 [Updated 2017 April 18]. Available from: www.wcpt.org/policy/ps-ethical-responsibilities
7. American Physical Therapy Association. Code of Ethics for the Physical Therapist. Virginia: American Physical Therapy Association; 2010.
8. 2021. Code of Ethical Conduct This Code Applies To Registered Physiotherapists1 In Canada.. [ebook] Available at: <https://physiotherapy.ca/sites/default/files/code-of-conduct-en.pdf> .
9. Hippocratic Oath. Available at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hippocratic_Oath Accessed: Feb. 2010.
10. Post SG (ed). Encyclopedia of Bioethics. 3rd edition. New York: Thomson Gale 2004. P. 2655-6.
11. Zahedi F, Emami Razavi S, Larijani B. A two-decade Review of Medical Ethics in Iran. Iran J Public Health. 38(Supple 1):40-46.
12. Larijani B, Zahedi F, Malek-Afzali H. Medical ethics in the Islamic Republic of Iran. East Mediterr Health J. 2005 Sep-Nov;11(5-6):1061-72. PMID: 16761678.
13. Parsapoor A, Bagheri A, Larijani B. Patient's rights charter in Iran. Acta Med Iran. 2014;52(1):24-8. PMID: 24658982.
14 Zahedi F, Sanjari M, Aala M, Peymani M, Aramesh K, Parsapour A, Maddah SB, Cheraghi M, Mirzabeigi G, Larijani B, Dastgerdi MV. The code of ethics for nurses. Iran J Public Health. 2013 Jan 1; 42(Supple1):1-8. PMID: 23865008; PMCID: PMC3712593.
15. Neumann M, Edelhäuser F, Tauschel D, Fischer MR, Wirtz M, Woopen C, Haramati A, Scheffer C. Empathy Decline and Its Reasons: A Systematic Review of Studies With Medical Students and Residents. Academic Medicine, 2011, 86(8).
16. Palmadottir G. Client-Therapist Relationships: Experiences of Occupational Therapy Clients in Rehabilitation.British Journal of Occupational Therapy. 2006 69(9).
17. Entwistle VA, Carter SM, Cribb A, McCaffery K. Supporting patient autonomy: the importance of clinician-patient relationships. J Gen Intern Med. 2010;25(7):741-5.
18. Walker RL. Medical ethics needs a new view of autonomy. J Med Philos. 2008; 33(6):594-608.
19. Blackmer J. Ethical issues in rehabilitation medicine. J Rehab Med 2000; 32: 51–55.
 Walsh NE. Global initiatives in rehabilitation medicine. Arch Phys Med Rehabil 2004; 85:1395-402.
21. Pozgar G.D, Santucci N.M, Pinnella J.W. Legal and ethical issues for health professionals. Jones & Bartlett Learning, Fifth edition 2019.
22. Edwards I, Delany CM, Townsend AF, Swisher LL. New Perspectives on the Theory of Justice: Implications for Physical Therapy Ethics and Clinical Practice. Physical Therapy. 2011; 91(11): 1642-1652.
23. Craik R.L. "Retaining Trust." Physical Therapy. 2010; 90(3): 322-323.
24. Scott R. Professional ethics: a guide for rehabilitation professionals.Mosby: 1998, p12-14.
25. Richardson RW. Ethical issues in physical therapy. Curr Rev Musculoskelet Med. 2015; 8(2):118-21.
26. Skempes D, Stucki G, Bickenbach J. Health-Related Rehabilitation and Human Rights: Analyzing States' Obligations Under the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 2015, 2015; 96(1)163-173.
27. Cross S, Sim J. Confidentiality within physiotherapy: perceptions and attitudes of clinical practitioners. Journal of Medical Ethics 2000; 26:447–453
28. Miethlich B, Slahor, L. Employment of persons with disabilities as a corporate social responsibility initiative: Necessity and variants of implementation. CBU International Conference Proceedings. 2018. 6. 10.12955/cbup.v6.1181.
29. Barnes C, Mercer G. Disability, work, and welfare: Challenging the social exclusion of disabled people. Work, Employment and Society, 2005. 19 (3), 527-545. https://doi.org/10.1177/0950017005055669.
30. Resnik DB. Responsibility for health: personal, social, and environmental Journal of Medical Ethics. 2007; 33:444-445.
31. Julius S, Purtilo RB. An Ethical Analysis of Physical Therapists' Duty to Treat Persons Who Have AIDS: Homosexual Patients as a Test Case. Physical Therapy. 1991; 71(9): 650-655